Saturday, December 30, 2017

12 Days of Christmas: Day 4, some weaving.

Day 4: Friday 29th December 2017.
I got some weaving done, Double weave, on my Glimåkra Victoria table loom.
It took a bit of straightening to fix the warp that admittedly has been on the loom for probably about a year, gulp....
The magic of Double Weave is that you can weave an upper layer and a lower layer at the same time. Last year I wove a tubular piece closed at the lower end. It looks like that is what I am going to do this time too! I might add a flap at the top to this one.
Here is the progress on the latest one, so far.

Double weave, tubular piece, closed at lower end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...