Saturday, December 30, 2017

12 Days of Christmas: Day 5, more weaving

Day 5: After a very sociable day visiting friends and family, I got some more weaving done on the Double weave bag.
Double weave tubular bag. 


I stopped at this point as I need to wind on some more weft. I am using these warp ends and as they are fairly thin, I weave with 4 strands together.


 It takes me a bit of time to get the yarn unbraided and then wound on evenly onto the shuttle.


 The yarn came from a weaving studio somewhere via a friend. I need to ask her again where she got it. I don't even know if it is wool or what. I love the vibrant colours and as I am only a beginner I use what I have and see what I learn from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...