Wednesday, January 3, 2018

12 Days of Christmas: Day 7, New Year's Day

Day 7: New Year's Day, 2018.
I continued to do a bit of spinning on the Bliss on New Year's Day, however, there was not much time, what with visiting my parents to see my brother and his family, and later visiting friends for dinner.


When I got home from all the visiting, I got out this beautiful spindle and this wool that I started spinning on it last summer. I love blues and blue-greens, and teals and turquoises. I love spinning on spindles too. Very convenient and very portable.



I have quite an assorted collection of spindles, including the first spindle I ever used, back in the late autumn of 1994, when I took my first ever spinning course.  It still spins and looks like this currently.


That is handspun Jacob's fleece on it, the fleece comes from a sheep living at a local open farm . I was given the fleece and I prepped it myself, i.e., I sorted it and washed it and carded it.
Apologies for quality of photos , I will try to take them again tomorrow in natural light and replace the current ones you see.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...