Thursday, January 4, 2018

12 Days of Christmas: Day 9, Knit and Spin and Weave Night!

Spindle spinning at Knit Night
Wednesday 3rd January and an invitation pops up my Instagram: it is Knit Night tonight, hurray!
Roll on the evening and I head in to town to the hotel where Knit Night is on and my dear friend G has booked the comfy couches for us.
There are 5 of us altogether. We sit and craft and drink tea or hot chocolate and chat.
One is knitting a beautiful jumper of her own design in the most exquisite soft yarn, it is Baby alpaca dyed indigo blue, so soft and squishy and fine.
Another is knitting, then doing some carding of alpaca in preparation for spinning it at home.
Another is working on her crochet and embroidered cushion cover.
G is weaving in the Ashford Sample It loom she has rented from the Guild in Dublin.
And I am spinning on the Bliss initially, then on my spindle.
Photos of my efforts:
Second bobbin spun on the Bliss.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...