Monday, December 24, 2018

12 Days of Christmas, 2018. Day 4: Christmas Eve.
Day 1 was last Friday.
Day 2 was Saturday. I had a lovely morning at home and got my walk, followed by a brief visit to my mum and sister, then another  brisk walk and swim at the pool. I did a bit of knitting that evening. I worked a bit on a scrap lap blanket to use in the car for myself when driving. Nothing exciting. DD#1 came home for the holidays.
 Day 3 Sunday 23rd. I went to church for 4th Sunday of Advent. Then there was a trip to town for some presents and food shopping.
Later I went to my parents' house and met 4 of my siblings and their families. There was plenty driving too, as I had to collect DD#2 in the afternoon and then drive her to another friend later in the evening. Not much time for crafting, but so glad to have time off work.
Day 4: Monday 24th, Christmas Eve. Today is the day Swedes eat their Christmas dinner, or Julbord, and so today we had our usual Swedish spread: ham, meatballs, Janssons frestelse ( a potato dish with anchovies and onions), and the trimmings: red cabbage, beetroot, cheeses, knäckebröd, ( crispbread) and some precious bottles of the Swedish festive drink , Julmust ( looks like Coca Cola, tastes a little different).
Now that we are all home and all the shopping is done, it feels so wonderful to have time to do something of my own choosing, maybe read, or craft, or just reflect. 
Happy Christmas everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...