Wednesday, December 26, 2018

12 Days of Christmas, Day 6, St. Stephen's Day

Oh the simple joy of waking up on St Stephen's Day and knowing all the fuss is over. The kiddos and husband got their presents yesterday,  the two big dinners ( Swedish Julbord on Christmas Eve and The Turkey and Ham on Christmas Day) are over and done. There is a small amount of leftovers, enough for the family to eat today.
So this morning I can get up and start doing other stuff, like laundry and crafting and go for a cycle!
I got DS off his PlayStation and we went for a cycle, about 5 miles. Irish country roads have their own hazards, including, but not limited to, narrow stretches, bends, mad dogs running out of gateways while their owners are in town/ sitting indoors, farmers' sons driving huge tractors on small roads and car drivers with no patience .
Stephens Day was a good day to go for a cycle, as it turned out. No mad dogs, thankfully. Not much traffic. The gods smiled on us and we got home safe after a lovely cycle on a mild bright day.
Tomorrow, the swimming pool will reopen and we will swim instead of cycle.
Tonight I want to finish my scrap lap blanket and get some spinning done, maybe even warp my Rigid Heddle loom.
Apologies for lack of photos today. I may be able to add them in tomorrow.
From Holland with love: Ariadne Spinning wheel, from the 1970's probably.
Look at that flyer! The bobbins are large and I got 8 of them!
Purchased from a seller on markplaats.nl November 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...