Friday, December 21, 2018

And so it begins again. 12 days of Christmas, 2018.

Day 1: Yes indeed, the hands of time turn, and here I am, one year older and with a few more spinning wheels purchased.
It would appear that I don't get the time to blog during the rest of the year, apologies for the lack of presence in here.
I think too that it has to do with the fact that I first started reading blogs at Christmas and I think I associate blogs with Christmas.
It may also be because I have deactivated my Facebook pages and I seem to still have the need to communicate my thoughts, so I come back to the blog. So, I am back, for a while.

I got my school holidays today, phew. My voice and brain get two weeks rest from talking and comforting and making sense of endless playground disputes.
Over the next weeks, my aims are to rest, be present in the moment, get a walk every day, feel the ancient land around me, swim, lie on the floor and achieve some spinning and weaving every day.
I hope to show you some of my spinning wheels and looms. And I need to work through the stash and read some books. 
Today, to start with, here is a photo of my Bliss single treadle wheel  from Woolmakers.com, with some divine teal coloured singles on the bobbins. The fiber was from John Arbon  in UK. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...