Saturday, June 27, 2020

Tour de Fleece Day#1 27th June 2020 (Day 107 of restrictions)



Hello all, 
Today is the first day of the Tour de Fleece 2020. What is that, you might ask? Well, The Tour de Fleece (TdF) is an annual event, in which spinners around the world spin along with the Tour de France cycling competition. The Tour de France has been postponed this year, but the Tour de Fleece will go ahead. 
So on the days, they (would normally) spin, we spin. And there are challenge days and rest days. It is non-competitive. you just decide on your own challenges and goals. 
Today I am hosting a Zoom Spin Café for spinners (and other crafters) and that is going to be very interesting. 
Hopefully I get the chance to spin a bit myself too, though I may mostly be making sure everyone else is ok. 
I will be back to put in some photos of my spinning as it proceeds during the Tour. 
Best of luck to all spinners out there! I hope you have an interesting and productive Tour. 
Purples, pinks and blues in this fibre, with some silk. Yum.





2 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear at least SOME things are carrying on! We're all missing the Ravellenic games too of course... I'm surprised Ravelry didn't run them anyway... though now of course I'm vague on the dates... ! :D

    ReplyDelete

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...