Wednesday, August 5, 2020

August 5th 2020. D-Day minus 26.

Well people, it seems like a long time since I first started writing about lockdown and covid. I remember the freshness of those days on April when we were all walking along the country roads and getting out fix of fresh air and exercise 2km from home. 
All is well here thankfully. I am still trying to get my fix of fresh air and exercise along the road. I do notice though that there are far fewer people walking and cycling then there was back in April. I also notice the loud and quite constant hum of the traffic from the main road when I walk. And when I drive to town, the roads are almost as busy as they used to be. 
The seasons are beginning to turn a little again now. It is August, and still summer (even though in Ireland August is technically the first month of autumn). Still, one can see that the evenings are a little darker, a little earlier. It doesn't help that we have had so much rain for the past week on and off. Last Wednesday in Kenmare, Co Kerry, the town square was flooded and some shops lost lots of stock and shop fittings. Some days you would think the calendar had just gone straight to October. 
On the bright side, we are going to have some warm days in the coming week, I hope they might even be dry and not humid and rainy. Definition of winter in Ireland: cold and wet. 
Definition of summer in Ireland: mild and wet. 
Nevertheless, one has to get out and enjoy the days the best we can. 
All too soon it will be time to go back to school. That is what I mean by 'D-Day minus 26' in the blog title today. 26 days until I have to go back to school on 1st of September. My son might go back the previous week. My daughters will go back on 28th September. 
I am going to enjoy the days I have now without alarm clocks and deadlines. 
I hope all reading this are well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...