Friday, March 27, 2020

Day 15, Friday 27th March, 2020, Covid school closure Ireland.


Another lovely morning. DD#2 Birthday, 23 years old.  Her presents might arrive in  the post, I don't know at this point what will happen.
This morning I got out for the morning walk in the morning, so that I didn't have a repeat of yesterday's marathon evening walk to do.
The day was lovely again, the daffodils and dandelions turning their yellow faces to the sun.
Dandelions

Sunset


My son mowed some of the lawn and for the first time since I was about 11 years,  I raked the grass. I didn't mind, it was helping to get my steps in. The day was lovely.
Later, around 6.30pm, I headed off again to get the last of the steps for today. Once again, a beautiful evening.
I had almost forgotten that my spinning group (that would be a spinning wool group, not spinning bikes) were going to have a Zoom group meeting at 7pm. Nevertheless, I joined in at 7 while I was still walking and then got home, took out the wheel and sat to spin for about an hour, chatting to the ladies. Wonderful women! I love them all.
At 8.30pm or shortly thereafter, our Taoiseach Leo Varadkar was on the TV again, telling us about the latest round of restrictions. Nobody to leave their homes from 12 midnight tonight,  except for food, medicine or purchase of household goods, all unessential retail to close,  no work unless an essential service and exercise to be taken only within a 2km distance from your house.
I was thinking of the lovely plants I have on the window sills at school, and by 9.45pm I was in the car with my 2 kids to go collect the plants from the school. So now there are 2 boxes of plants in the back of my car. I will figure out what to do with them tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...