Thursday, March 26, 2020

Day 14, Thursday, 26th March, Covid School Closures, Ireland

I do not know where the days go to. Well, I do, I guess, that is partly the reason I am writing this blog, to have a record of what I did on each day of this school closure, however long it lasts.
Thursday was a lovely day again, dry, bright, sunny.
I went to the local shop to get some things for my mother and father. While in the village, I posted a letter I had; it was the envelope for the ballot paper for voting for the Senate (Seanad) in Ireland.

It was afternoon before I got out for my walk, and I had to walk for about 90 minutes to get the 10,000 steps. That was long.....
Still it was a lovely evening and a real pleasure to be out and about in the still air, with the clouds in the sky just turning gentle shades of coral and peach as the sun went down. The sun was a red ball at one point.
Later in the evening, I decided to bake: I made a batch of scones (doubled the recipe) .
Then I got out the Bread Maker to make a loaf of yeasted bread. I had Strong White Flour and dried Yeast , so it was very easy to mix up the ingredients for the bread in the breadmaker.
It was midnight before the bread was done (it took 3 hours!  Note to self: start the breadmaker earlier!)
More of those purple/pink primroses



Scones. I just rolled out all the dough and cut rectangular shapes before I baked it. 

Needless to say I had to taste both scones and bread before I went to bed, and that is what I did.
Off to bed after that then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...