Sunday, March 29, 2020

Day 17, Sunday, 29th March, 2020, school closure Ireland


Some days you think you will get lots done, and you get nothing done, and you wonder if it will be like that always. Other days, you think you will get nothing done, and amazingly you start by doing one thing and it leads into another and suddenly you have lots done!
Yesterday was one of the first type of days, I really did not get much done. 


Today, well, it didn't start great, first I had to get up at 7.30 am to drive my DD#3 to work in the local service station/grocery shop. The thing is, 7.30am on 28th March is really 6.30am according to my body clock, as the clocks went forward during the night.
So I was kinda tired. I drove DD to work and bought the Sunday newspapers and drove home again. I went back to bed and slept until 12 midday! Eeep.
 I had a slow start to the day after that. I drove over to my parents to give them their newspaper. Before I knew it it was time to collect DD at 3pm.
When I got back from collecting her, I started by opening the shed to get my watering can to  water some plants I have outdoors in pots. While I was in the shed, I took out an unwashed Zwartbles fleece in order to wash it.
I swept the shed floor, tidied up some bits in there and grouped together some things that will go to recycling or the bin in the next 2 weeks.
Then I got the shovel in the corner of the shed and started to shovel some loose stones from one area of the driveway to an area in the grass where two ruts have developed from the tyres of the daughters' cars. I filled in the ruts with nice chunky limestone stones, and there are more stones available if more ruts develop.
From there I moved on to the gateway, where a build up of small stones and compacted earth had meant that we could no longer close the gates. I attacked the compacted ground with the shovel and got the gate closed. Extra stones and grit were moved to the area around where the girls park their cars, where the grass meets the gravel driveway.
I skirted the Zwartbles fleece and got 4 trugs to soak it in. It was a big fleece, in great condition. The fleece is getting a cold soak overnight to start off with. I need to use these next few days to get it washed and dry, as the weather is set to be fresh, dry and bright. In fact, I noticed that the weather forecaster mentioned that there is a record High Pressure over Ireland currently, was it 1049 hPa, I think? I have just checked and the pressure at Belmullet, Co Mayo was 1050 hPa at midnight between 29th and 30th March. Apparently the highest pressure ever recorded was 1052hPa. So, very close.  
Zwartbles fleece before skirting


Sunset


There will be a bit of frost tonight, I hope the outdoor plants I watered today survive. Having said that, they can't come indoors, so they have to survive. Mostly it is daffodils, narcissi, other bulbs, some violets, primroses and cowslips and a few climbers and small trees. Fingers crossed.

I was very pleased with the work I achieved today, and all because I started by wanting to water the plants.
At 7.25pm, I went for a walk to get to my 10,000 steps. With the clocks gone forward today, there was light until 8pm and after. Oh joy of joys!  The sunset was lovely; a clear sky slowly turning coral and peach and silky dusky pinks.
My DD#2 had made apple crumble, so I had some of that after my supper.
I have lots of things to be grateful for.
Stay well everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...