Monday, March 30, 2020

Day 18, Monday 30th March, Covid School closure, Ireland


Another bright but chilly day, especially chilly in the North East wind.
I did a little bit of knitting on my grey shawl that really needs to get finished soon, as I have had it sitting too long waiting until I can decide what might be the nicest way to finish it off. I am not following a pattern for it, I am kind of making it up as I go along, based on the basic pattern for a triangular top-down shawl. This morning, I found a few ideas on a Ravelry search of patterns for lace shawls, so now I just have to decide, print a pattern off and get knitting.
This was the sunset two nights ago.

The cows can be very curious!



I had a walk, then I hung out some clothes, changed the water in the trugs with the Zwartbles fleece and had a look at my outdoor plants. They seem alive, thankfully. They survived the night frost.
Lots of potatoes and veg for dinner, plus some meat for those of us who eat meat. I lay down and read a bit in my book, but drifted off to sleep.
After my nap, I headed back out for my walk to get the rest of my steps.
Supper, a chat with the kids, a cup of tea and a homemade iced bun.
A few games of FreeCell.
The blog.
Done for today!
Stay well all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...