Saturday, May 9, 2020

Day 58, Sat 9th May 2020, #darknessintolight

I woke early with the Dawn Chorus, got up and went out to see the sunrise. It was great to be up at that time.
Today should have been the Darkness Into Light sponsored walk in aid of Pieta House.
Instead of walking together, I just went out myself and had a little walk and took a few photos.
It got foggy, so the sun was very faint in the sky.
A cuckoo perched in the tree near me, the nearest I have ever been to a cuckoo; I couldn't see him but his call was loud. I think i got it on my phone.
When I went home, my DD#3 was up, she had work at 7am.
After I had come home from dropping her to work, I went back to bed. So tired.

The day was smashing! over 20 degrees and bright sun all day.
The odd rumble of thunder off in the distance just to make us feel alive.
I had to go to town to get medicines for my parents from their chemist. I was surprised that there was no Garda Checkpoint on the main road.  Have they stopped checking people? Or gone elsewhere?

Later I had to go to the nearest village to the  Laundromat there, as my beautiful washing machine needs new bearings and I cannot use it right now. The laundry got washed and I got it home and hung up.
Helped hubby by mowing some of the lawn. Read a book on Earth and Geology. Very interesting.
Almost fell asleep, then decided to go for a walk at 9pm to see the sunset, like I usually do these days. Strolled along, about half a mile or so.
Suddenly got a text from a friend and realised I had forgotten that we had a Zoom meeting at 9pm. Had to stride back fairly lively! almost jogged at one point.
Got a call from the priest, I had called him earlier, today was supposed to be the First Holy Communion for my pupils , but it had to be cancelled. The priest himself is in his 80's so is cocooning. I wanted to check in with him and just mark the day.
Finally got onto Zoom with my friends and we had a great chat! I now have the paid version of Zoom, so unlimited meeting length. Yay! Go Me! Go Zoom!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...