Monday, March 23, 2020

Day 11, Monday 23rd March 2020, school closures, Ireland



Today was a stay at home day. I helped my son to pull out and put up the net on the trampoline (we take it down in October when the first gales and storms are forecast). There was an interesting spider on the net when we pulled it out of the shed. I don't like spiders too close to me unexpectedly, but I can observe one at a distance, once I have been warned it is there. This one had a large body and relatively short legs. It had an interesting pattern of stripes on the abdomen.
Spider.



Well, we got the net up eventually  and the kids hopped and jumped on the trampoline for the afternoon.

I went for a walk with my husband after he had finished working from home for the day. In this way, I managed to walk past a house with a very large shaggy barking dog. I really do not like big barking dogs, especially ones that I know have gotten out of their yards. 
It was a lovely walk, hard to believe that the times have changed as much as they have.

Here is a photo of the 3rd thatched cottage on our road, the owner really has put in a lot of work into it.


Here is a quick glimpse at the cottage with a galvanised roof; I think that this cottage once had a thatched roof too.



Later in the evening, I had to go back out to reach my 10,000 steps. Then I sat down to spin. Here is the progress so far on the blue/purple/red fibre. 

Covid news; this evening, Boris Johnson announced much stricter restrictions in UK than heretofore. So now I am beginning to think that our Taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, will also introduce stricter restrictions for us in Ireland, maybe on Tuesday?
And we will need to know shortly if the schools will remain closed or not after 29th March, the initial date for this first round of restrictions to end. My thoughts are that they will announce soon that the schools will remain closed until after Easter, i.e.,  up to and including 19th April, and even then it is possible that the restrictions will go on longer. I don't even know if we will be back at school at all before the end of June.
Stay well, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...