Thursday, April 23, 2020

42 days. Kanelbullar/Cinnamon buns

Now that I have fixed the breadmaker,  I am determined to use it as much as possible.

DD#1 asked for cinnamon buns yesterday but I had left the shop, so instead I baked cinnamon buns today. I found a vegan recipe so DD#2 could have some too.
It worked very well. I used the breadmaker to knead the dough and for the first rise. Then I took out the dough,  rolled it out and cut up the rolls.

Rolling out the dough. The filling is vegan sunflower oil spread, sugar and cinnamon. 


Kanelbullar (cinnamon buns) are a great favourite in Sweden. Luckily I had a box of Swedish Pearl Sugar, (Pärlsocker), which I used on top of the buns when they came out of the oven. I have to say my kanelbullar looked just like the buns on the front of the box of pärlsocker. What do you think?

Yummy kanelbullar, ready to eat! That's our one precious box of Swedish pearl sugar there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...