Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Day 20, Wednesday 1st of April, 2020


The First of April.
Who would have thought back in January and February, when we were beginning to see reports on the news about Wuhan and Hubei province,  that April would be like this?
I really didn't see the point of any April Fools' Day jokes today. The world is upside down enough as it is.
Another bright dry morning. I hung out laundry. I checked the wool that was soaking in the trugs and then lifted it up and hung it on two clothes horses to dry. I pegged it on well, the wind is still fresh, even if it is not as cold as it was at the weekend.


I raked up the little mounds of cut grass that were on the front lawn from when the lawnmower was spewing out grass at the side. Then I got the lawnmower and mowed the front lawn. It is really only its second cut so the grass is still clumpy and thick. I tried to mow with the blades lowered to 5, but that was too much for the mower. So back up to 6. I am happy enough mowing the lawn, I haven't done it at all since I got married over 25 years ago and I just wander along with the mower and take it nice and handy.

While I was mowing the lawn etc, the four children were doing an outdoor Circuit training session. All the assorted Keep Fit equipment we have bought over the years was at last put to good use.

I found some cuttings from when our hedge was trimmed in October, and some of them are budding. I am tempted to just stick them down into the ground in the gaps in the hedge, just to see if they will take root and grow. I gathered a bundle of the best looking ones; tomorrow I will go along with a strong metal knitting needle and make holes in the ground and just shove the cuttings down. I read about the particular bushes (griselinia and hazel) on the phone during the day and yes they do root from cuttings. I also have some willow that could be trimmed, so maybe I will trim off a few cuttings and plant them too.

I laid out some plastic out on a patch of unkempt ground; hopefully the plastic will stop the weeds from growing, and maybe I can turn the patch into either lawn or better still, a vegetable patch.

The good thing about the using the lawnmower is that I reach a good high step count. I only had to do a short walk later to get to the 10,000 steps.
I ordered a replacement belt for the breadmaker today. Fingers crossed it will come ok in the post at some point.
I have to order some bolts for DS bed and something for DS as a present for his birthday coming up in a week or so. I am going to have a look at websites tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...