Thursday, April 2, 2020

Day 21, Thursday 2nd April 2020, school closure Co Vid


Well, all the raking and lawn-mowing and stone moving took its toll and I woke with some aches in muscles, which weren't too bad really, just a bit achy as a reminder of the work I had done.
I decided to spend some time in the morning on the laptop, catching up with some paperwork. Needless to say it took longer than I had hoped and so it is not yet complete, but no matter.

A delivery man came with a package from Boots, the pharmacy chain. I had ordered a Hair Trimmer for my son. He was delighted! But who was going to do the deed? DD#3 went off, watched a few videos and then proceeded to give DS a haircut. He ended up with a very short haircut, but that's fine, it will grow back and it will be easy to keep and it just makes him look my brother T and T's son J.

I headed to the supermarket in the afternoon, got food for us and for my parents, dropped the groceries to my parents and got home, only for it to start raining.
I had a short walk and although I didn't get to 10000 steps, I was happy enough, given the work of the last few days.
At 8pm, I had a trial run of  a Zoom meeting with the good ladies of Kilfinane Crafters group, but it didn't work so well, so we reverted to a chat on Messenger. It was great to see what other people were working on and to chat to each other and pep each other up.
Now I am going to do a bit of plying to get the red/purple/blue wool spun into a 2 ply.
Then it is bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...