Friday, April 3, 2020

Day 22, Friday 3rd April, 2020


I had a slow start this morning. It was drizzling and damp outside, so there wasn't much that I could rush out and do straight away.
I taught my eldest daughter to spin on both spindle and spinning wheel. Fair play to her, she took to it like a duck to water. She chose some lovely blues, greens and greys from my stash, divided it roughly in half, spun 2 bobbins on and off throughout the day and was plying it at 9pm. It is now all wound off into skeins and is soaking in a pan of lukewarm water. I am going to lift it up shortly after this and hang it over the bath.
I think she did very well!

I went to the shop to get a few things for my parents. Then home, went for a walk, had a Zoom chat with 2 other spinners while I was walking and when I got home. It was good to see their faces and hear their voices.
I helped my daughter to start plying, and then I sat for a cuppa tea.
I am technically speaking on my Easter holidays now as of today midday.
Re the school closure situation, I do think it will be extended. I expect we will have another announcement from the government tomorrow or Sunday. My brother in Belgium tells me that the schools are closed there until the beginning of May, for now. So, we will wait and see what happens here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...