Monday, April 6, 2020

Day 25, Monday 6th April 2020, school closure, Ireland



Monday morning, and the weather at least was an improvement on yesterday. DS went out for a run at 8am. Husband went to work from home, in his little office.
I got up, had breakfast, then hung out the clothes. It started raining once I had the first load out, but it was just a light shower, so I left them out. It rained on and off during the day but I believed that the wind and sun would be stronger than the rain, and it turns out that I was right! The afternoon turned out to be very nice. The clothes got dry! Happy Dance!
I went for a walk and happily, I got my 10,000 steps again. The evening was lovely, there was a full moon rising and a peaceful sunset.
In very good news, I have managed to be successful on Tradera.se and found 2 sellers who are happy to deal with international sellers. Today I paid one seller for a small set of Gense Thebe cutlery which I will hopefully get next week. That wasn't too stressful as it was a Fixed Price Buy It Now, not an auction.
Later in the day, I took part in an online auction on Tradera for an antique Swedish circular sock knitting machine, and I won! I can tell you my nerves were at me, watching the minutes and seconds counting down. I just paid the seller for it and for the postage to Ireland 30 mins ago. I have my fingers and toes crossed that both transactions go well and that both items arrive here next week safe and sound.
I have wanted one of these circular sock machines for a long time and now it looks like I will have one! Eeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...