Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Day 27, Wed 8th April 2020, Garda Checkpoints



A beautiful morning, and I headed off bright and early (for me) to Lidl for a big shop. I was a bit nervous about how it would go, as yesterday was Childrens' Allowance day, so possibly longer queues today. Also, the Guards (our police) are not out on the roads checking people and their planned destinations, as part of a clampdown on unnecessary travel for Easter weekend.
It turned out fine, there was a bit of a queue for Lidl, but not too bad, I got my shopping and home I came. No Garda checkpoints at that time. We are  allowed to go for food shopping anyway, just one person per household.

I had to go back into town later for a prescription which hadn't come through when I was going to Lidl, and by then there were checkpoints on the road, with Guards asking everyone where they were going. I was ok, as I had the medical prescription to collect.
Home, had food, hung out laundry, weather was lovely. I got stuck on a call to Customer Care for our landline company for 22mins, just asking them to remove the Call Divert from our now fixed landline. That was more than a little infuriating. How long does it take a Phone Company to undo an action that took seconds 5 days ago?
Well, the issue got resolved eventually and I went and mowed the lawn, being very careful to not cut any dandelions, because they are for the bees.
It was a lovely calm evening and I got my last 4000 steps out on the road for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...