Thursday, April 9, 2020

Day 28, Thursday, 9th April, 2020, DS birthday



Thursday 9th April 2020 and it is 14 years since our beautiful son S was born!
So today, there were cards and cake and presents for the Boy himself.
It was a lovely morning, I was awake at 7.30am, early for me and for these days. I got up and went for a lovely walk along the road. I am so grateful for that country road, all its bends and ditches, gates and fields and views, celandines and dandelions and precious primroses, even wild violets, if you know where to look. There is birdsong and there are trees budding and getting ready to put out their first leaves.
I went to collect my father's pension at the post office in Caherconlish and also to the pharmacy to get eyedrops for Dad, and then the shop to get the newspapers for them, also some food and a birthday cake. I realised that I had forgotten to get Easter eggs, so I got 4 of them while I was there.
When I got home, I worked on the computer on some paperwork for a bit. The heat of the sun in the window soon had me nodding off into the screen, but just then our neighbour a farmer came with his tractor to remove some branches next to our gate and that woke me up again. I had to move our cars.

Then it was time to make dinner, go for a walk to get my 10,000 steps and then home for birthday cake and whipped cream (oo-er).
After a few hands of Rummy with the kids, I worked on the paperwork some more and got 2 pieces of work finished and emailed off. Well pleased with myself, I headed off to bed with a book to read. Bliss in these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...