Friday, April 10, 2020

day 29, Good Friday, 10th April 2020


I had a few things to get for my parents in the local shop and a parcel to collect at the post office, so I did that early-ish and was home again by noon.
I washed the floor of the garage and got out the lawnmower. I managed to overfill the lawnmower with petrol so I had to extract petrol with a small syringe. By the time that was done, the children were out on the lawn and didn't want the lawnmower going around them, so I went for a walk instead.
At 4pm, our Prime Minister Leo Varadkar was on the TV telling us once again that the restrictions and regulations regarding Only Essential Travel, etc, were being extended until Tuesday the 5th of May, for now. Schools are to remain closed until further notice. This was expected. I am glad of the extra 3 week extension. We will just keep on keeping on.
Later, I had my dinner on the table on the deck, outside the kitchen door, talking to my husband. It was a lovely evening. Then we heard a familiar twittering overhead; the house-martins had come back ! Two house-martins were swooping above us and checking out their nest from last year at the inner apex of the gable wall.
It is so exciting to have them back, it is a real sign of Spring, and a sign that Summer is on the way.
I will have to include a photo of them in the next email that I send to my pupils for the work they have to do.
Over 11, 000 steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...