Monday, April 13, 2020

Day 32, Easter Monday. 13th April 2020


What a beautiful morning! Sunshine and bright blue skies. The wind was a bit cool at first but the day warmed up a good bit.
DD#3 had work at 8am in the local petrol station-grocery shop so she drove herself to work. I woke at 7.51 am as she was heading out the door.
I got up then, and started to tidy the kitchen: emptied the dishwasher, filled the dishwasher, swept the floor, etc.
I had my breakfast and went for a walk.
When I came back it was time to think about what to prepare for dinner and time to wash the spuds and veg.
After a lovely dinner after 3pm with DD and DS, I drove over for a brief call to my parents' house with the newspaper for them. Mam was out gardening, planting seeds in a new veg bed she made on Saturday.
I got home, had some delicious banana bread that DD#1 had made and then headed out to mow a bit of the lawn, avoiding the dandelions along the way! My lawn is going to be very odd, mowed but with dandelions everywhere. The dandelions are good for bees and pollinators, dontcha know.
Apparently there are 250 species of dandelion in UK and probably something similar here.

I had a lovely walk, starting out just before sunset. I love that time of the day. I am so fortunate to have such a lovely quiet road to walk on with views to the west and east.
Good night all

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...