Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Day 33, Tuesday 14th April 2020, sunshine


Woke to a lovely morning, sun shining and there was some warmth in it too.
I drove to a pharmacy to get some medicine (nothing serious) and went into the adjacent service station. They were well stocked and I got what I needed, except for brown rice and brown pasta. I mentioned to the girl on the checkout how well stocked they were and when I asked about brown rice and pasta, she said it to the manager and asked him to order some in. So maybe next week they will have some.
I came home and helped my daughter to pack up a present for her friend's birthday; it was a jumper that my daughter had knit for her friend, plus some small treats: chocolate, nail polish and mini candles. After lunch, I dropped the packet to the post office, where I met D, a good friend's husband. We had a short chat, at a distance, of course. All well with them, thankfully.
I got brown rice and a plant. a wallflower, at the petrol station across the road. I have always loved the smell of wallflowers and this one has a lovely deep red colour. It needed to be rescued too, the pot was very light and the plant was beginning to droop from lack of water. I gave it a big drink of water as soon as I got it home. Now it sits outside my front door beside a lovely cheerful yellow pansy that my mum gave me in a blue pot.
The afternoon went as most afternoons are now going: dinner, a rest, a walk, supper, chat with the folks here, bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...