Thursday, April 16, 2020

Day 35, Thursday 16th April, 2020, Geography assignment



The day was bright and sunny again.
However, this Geography assignment that is hanging over me has to be done, so from 9.30am until 6pm, or later, I sat at the laptop and worked on getting my 2000 words written on Permafrost changes in the Torneträsk region of Sweden and the impact on vegetation.
Needless to say, my initial title was something else, and a lot of work had been done on it,and I was reluctant to let that go, but I realised quickly that it had to go, it was not satisfactory and I needed to take a different tack. Aaargh.
 I just cut out all the initial stuff, refocused my focus and started to thankfully find the bits I needed in the papers that I had already printed and read. It helps that DD#1 is a bright bunny and works in the Writing Centre in the Uni where she is doing her Ph.D. in Electrochemistry. She helps people to break down the task of writing a paper into manageable bits and she has no sacred cows. If the writing is not good enough, it has to go.
I got no walk. I am on a few days rest, my right ankle and side of my right foot is giving me some trouble, so I am prescribing myself a few days rest. No matter, I have plenty of computer work to do.
I suddenly realised at 6pm, that it was late and that I had to nip to the shop to get some things for my parents, so I got a quick visit to the shop and home.
I worked a bit more on the paper , with a glass of Sprite and white wine in hand. I never get a glass of wine in usual life! Always too much driving to do.
Then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...