Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Day 40, Tuesday, 21st April 2020, a sad day.



Today was a bright morning but it was a sad day. Today was the funeral of the husband of my good friend and colleague. Only close family went to the church. Instead, the community, including me,  stood on the footpaths of the village in silence as the cortege passed by on the way to the church. I waited in the village for the Funeral Mass to be over and then once again we stood on the paths as the cortege made its way past. It was heartbreaking. I am so sorry for my colleague and for her family.

I am glad that I live close enough that I could be there on the path. Several other colleagues lived too far away to come, with the Covid Regulations.
The afternoon at home was quiet after that. It turned cloudy and misty. For some reason everyone in my family had plenty to do in their own rooms so I had a quiet hour in front of the computer and got another chapter done in my online course.
I made a big pot of leek and potato soup for the crew. Later I went out for a walk in the mild overcast evening. I am pleased to say I got to 7600 steps, with no pain in the foot as of yet.
I am hoping to get up to 10000 steps again, but maybe not every day.
I tackled a small but difficult job: changing the belt on the bread-machine. It was finicky and difficult. I didn't think I would get it done this evening, but at 10pm, yes, I got it done! So tomorrow I will bake bread in it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...