Sunday, April 26, 2020

Day 45: Sunday 26th April, a cycle on a grey day, and Tussilago.

The lovely weather came to an end and today was cloudy, overcast and cool. Chilly even.
I went for a cycle around the block with my son. It was great to be out on the bike.
There were bluebells along the way, also pink bluebells and white bluebells, if you know what I mean. I must go back for a cycle that way and take photos of them.
I stopped where the Tussilago (Coltsfoot) grows and got photos of the seed heads. I missed their flowering period with the lockdown. I would usually drive past them at least twice a day when I drive to work.
I am just glad they are still there and clearly flowered this season too.

Tussilago. Coltsfoot.

Tussilago, what an evocative name....


No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...