Thursday, May 21, 2020

Day 70, Thursday 21st May 2020.

Thursday, and there is wind, and rain, gales even, coming tonight. We had some lovely sunny days yesterday and the day before. 
I have been taking it easy for a day or two, I think I need to push myself back out walking again, tomorrow, I guess. Still, it was good to get some small jobs done inside the house too. Plenty of small jobs remaining, though....
I got 4 beautiful baby plants on Tuesday, from Online Baby Plants in Holland. The plants are very cute and taking pride of place in the middle of my kitchen table for now. Here they are, from front left and clockwise: a Ctenanthe Burle Marxii (belonging to the Calathea family), Alocasia Black Velvet, Rhaphidophora Tetrasperma  and Fittonia Verschaffeltii.


Everyone here is well, thankfully. I have been baking bread, both yeasted bread in the bread maker and brown soda bread in the oven. The bread went really well with homemade leek and potato soup.  It also went well with my homemade Red and Green Lentil dahl. 


One daughter is painting a geometric pattern on one wall of the upstairs bathroom. The hardware shops opened again on Monday.  Our son has just finished mowing the lawn. I need to get out and move some of the pot plants off the deck, before the wind and gales arrive. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...