Friday, May 29, 2020

Day 78, Friday 29th May 2020

Good morning!!
11 weeks and 1 day since schools closed.
Today is a lovely morning, a bit breezy but sunny and bright and no cold in the breeze. Two days ago we had the men in to widen and re-stone our driveway and put down kerbing at the side where we had no kerbing. It looks wonderful now, if a bit too clean, but time and rain will dull it a bit.
They put in some top soil in a strip on the other side of the kerbing and as that is south facing, I am thinking: perfect gardening spot. never look a gift horse in the mouth! So I am aiming to get my new raised beds out and set up on the new topsoil. and sow some seeds!
Also I plan to make a flower bed! I have bought lots of small flowers the past few weeks, It seems the petrol stations purchased the plants that would have normally gone to the Garden centres, so every time one goes to buy milk and bread, one has to resist buying just one more little plant too!
I have ordered the anti-weed fabric and also this edging material to keep the weeds from spreading sideways into the flower bed. So as soon as I get that stuff I will get going on planting and sowing.

My children are 'attacking' the patio: weeding between the slabs and power-washing the slabs to bring them back to shiny newness! And yesterday finally I managed to buy a new electric grass trimmer, our old one has given up the ghost, it turns on but it only chugs, it doesn't go fast enough to actually cut the grass, sadly.
Speaking of which, today I am about to buy a new washing machine as the one we have is about to also give up the ghost, it makes a sound like a helicopter taking off. Thankfully I have found out that the local family electric business can do disconnection and installation for us, if we buy from them.
Off to review some work sent in by my pupils and also to buy a washing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I live in the Irish countryside. I love walking and looking at the sky overhead. I also love spinning! If you have any questions about spinning or any comments about my blog, just let me know by leaving a comment. Thanks.

Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items

Here is a post with details of some Irish Suppliers of Wool, Fibre and Spinning related items. Sandra K has the wonderful Irish Fibre Craf...